As the Treasurer foreshadowed, this is a highly targeted budget with most spending measures targeting productivity gains.
- Tax rate for small businesses (under $2m turnover) cut to 28.5%. Franking credits still deemed to be 30%!
- 5% discount (paid as a tax offset capped at $1,000 per person) for individuals who receive business income as sole trader/partnership/trust.
- $20k asset write off for small businesses. From now until 30 June 2017
- Write off of up-front business formation costs
- CGT roll-over relief for restructuring of small businesses. Note that the State government still hasn’t abolished stamp duty on these transactions though
- Multiple work related electronic devices provided FBT free if they are predominantly used for work purposes
Love the blog? Subscribe to receive it fortnightly.
What do you think?